Health & Safety at Sartransneftegaz
Safety is and always will be a Core Value at Sartransneftegaz. We are committed to operating our refineries, pipelines, retail stations and other facilities in a manner that promotes the health and safety of our employees, our customers and the communities where we do business. We will continue to strive to achieve our ultimate goal of an incident-free workplace.
Our Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) policy establishes metrics, expectations and responsibilities for achieving our goals for these key areas:
- Personal Safety – At Sartransneftegaz, we strive to instill a culture of personal responsibility among our employees and contractors by setting clear expectations around our safety standards and policies. We conduct regular audits, assessments and program reviews to ensure these practices are being followed and to identify improvements to enhance our workplace safety.
- Process Safety – Sartransneftegaz’s facilities are designed, operated and maintained to be safe work environments. To maintain the integrity of our operating systems, we enforce a disciplined framework that includes comprehensive design, engineering, operating and maintenance practices. We use industry-recognized methodologies to assure process safety and asset integrity and reduce the risk of incidents.
- Transportation Safety – To safely operate our transportation facilities and assets – such as rail, trucks and pipelines – we rely on industry best practices, internal policies, and persistent evaluation and improvement. Sartransneftegaz has proactively led the industry in the safe shipment of crude oil via rail. We worked collaboratively with tank car manufacturers to develop enhanced rail cars that surpass regulatory standards.
We will remain focused on continuous improvement as we grow.
Employees receive training in:
- General safe working practices
- Safe handling and use of refinery chemicals, hazardous wastes and other hazardous materials
- Emergency response tactics
- Care and use of emergency response and personal protective equipment
- Firefighting procedures
- Release containment and cleanup procedures
- Evacuation and alert procedures