Sartransneftegaz, formerly SarNeft Corporation, was founded in the 1970s as a company primarily engaged in petroleum exploration and production. The Company built its own small refinery and began shifting its focus to refining and marketing from early 2000. Since 2007, through strategic growth, financial discipline, strong execution and the commitment of its employees, Sartransneftegaz has become one of the leading independent refining, marketing and logistics companies in the region of Saratov.
- 1978: Sarneft Corporation founded
- 1979: Began operation of exploration
- 2005: Was acquired and renamed
- 2006: Infrastructure rebuilt and expanded Sartransneftegaz Refinery
- 2008: Formed STNG Logistics, a master limited partnership that owns, operates, develops, and acquires logistics assets to gather crude oil and distribute, transport and store crude oil and refined products
- 2013: Expansion of Sartransneftegaz Refinery with acquisition of Carson operations.